Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
NOMA: Movies in the Garden: A Streetcar Named Desire: Friday, March 9th
Friday, March 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM (CST)
New Orleans, LA
Online tickets sales cease at 3pm. Tickets can still be purchased at front gate of the Besthoff Sculpture Garden.
Although the weather does seem questionable for Friday, March 9th, it seems that any rainfall will be in the afternoon which will allow NOMA to continue with Movies in the Garden. All guests who purchased tickets in advance through Eventbrite will receive an email on Friday updating the status of the event. We will also have information posted on www.noma.org.
* UPDATE 3/9/12, 1pm: NOMA will go on with our plans for the outdoor screening of A Streetcar Named Desire! We strongly recommend guests bring chairs instead of blankets.
If the weather does not cooperate, we will still show the film in NOMA's Stern Auditorium (seating capacity: 200). We will also be organizing a rain date with the New Orleans Film Society. All tickets purchased for March 9th we be honored for that date.
Join the New Orleans Museum of Art, the Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival, and the The New Orleans Film Society as we present music, art making, a tour, and an outdoor screening of the classic film A Streetcar Named Desire on Friday, March 9th in the Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden at NOMA. See below for the night’s scheduled events.
When: Friday, March 9th. Programming begins at 5p.
Where: NOMA's Sydney & Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden
Admission: $6 for adults : Children (17 & under), free : $3 for NOMA/NOFS/Friends of Tennessee Members (No refunds or exchanges.)
No outside food or beverages will be permitted.
Please bring a blanket or folding chair (recommended due to the wet ground) for seating.
Schedule for the Night:
- 5p to 8p: Food by Crêpes à la Cart (additional purchase required)
- 5 to 7p: Music by The Ramblin’ Letters
- 5 to 7p: Art Making with the Preservation Resource Center : Explore the art in architecture with the PRC at this edition of NOMA's weekly Where Y'Art event with a shotgun house façade design activity.
- 6p: Celebrate Women’s History Month with “Women Artists”, a tour by curator Miranda Lash
- 7p: Film: A Streetcar Named Desire
For other screenings and the entire NOMA: Movies in the Garden: Spring 2012 Series please visit our Web site at www.noma.org
When & Where
The New Orleans Museum of Art
MISSION: The mission of the New Orleans Museum of Art is to inspire the love of art; to collect, preserve, exhibit and present excellence in the visual arts; to educate, challenge and engage a diverse public.
VISION: The guiding vision of the New Orleans Museum of Art is to advance its position as a premier national visual arts Museum vital to the cultural and educational life of our city, state and region.